Sunday, March 25, 2012

Inspired

"Inspired" sounds so cliche, but I can think of nothing better. A few much-needed visits and several-hour long conversations with a creative and encouraging friend, paired with some encounters with beautiful things, have given me some momentum for reflection and action. I sometimes forget that for every beautiful thing I've ever created, a ridiculous number of horrible, embarrassing ones have preceded it. I forget that the muse that sits on one's shoulder and magically gives creative inspiration exists only as a drop of water in a sea of hard work and practice. Intentionally searching for beautiful or inspiring things and people, and participating in the practice and discipline of creating - whether they are beautiful or inspiring or not - are what I need for this journey (ugh, how many cliches can I put in this thing?).

Newly accomplished: Sketching daily, while my young daughter has her dinner, and a small addition to the children's book my husband and I are attempting to write just for our daughter (hopefully before she is too old to disregard her dear old parents).

No comments:

Post a Comment